Here are some opportunities for you to serve on the Island.
The Deep Well Project
80 Capital Dr - HHI (843) 785-2849 - website
How you can help:
1. Weekly Food Shoppers
One day a week, one or two volunteers pick up a list of grocery items to purchase in order for Deep Well to keep their shelves stocked. The purchase would be made on the credit card that Deep Well provides to the volunteer. Then next week on the same day of the week, another volunteer or two would go do the same thing and so on. This is a good opportunity for a Group Serve.
2. Christmas dinner delivery
Wednesday, Dec. 20th to take Christmas dinner to the homes of families in need.
3. Livable housing volunteers that have one or multiple skill sets at making various repairs to houses of families in need or to help provide maintenance with mowing/edging/sweeping.
4. Office work including answering the phones needed at the start of the new year.
5. Preparing a meal for 12 to 15 people(combination of parents and children) on Wednesday nights for their free literacy program offered by the Literacy Center helping teach english to those that are considered illiterate.
The Pregnancy Center and Clinic of the Lowcountry
1 Cardinal Road Suites 1 & 2 - HHI (843) 689-2222 - website
How you can help:
- helping out with the bulk mailings every quarter
- throw a baby shower to help stock their closet full of baby clothes
- bottle coin collection (filling up baby bottles supplied by the Center with loose change)
- volunteer to serve at some of their events
- volunteer to serve at the front desk welcoming clients into the center
Neighborhood Outreach Connection
843-681-4100 - There are 2 on HHI, 2 in Bluffton, and 2 in city of Beaufort - website
How you can help:
1. After-school Tutoring/Homework Support (K-8)
2. Lead a small reading/discussion group (K-8)
3. Pre-school learning (1-3 year olds)
4. Teaching English as a 2nd language
5. Health Education/Screenings
6. Soccer or other sports (coaching, refereeing, etc)
7. Teaching children the game of chess
8. Organize & direct a social event(good for a group project)
9. Supplying healthy snacks for the children
10. Administrative office support
11. Cleaning and/or painting facility
12. Teaching computer skills
13. Supplying gift cards to children for Christmas
14. Fundraising activities
Contact Jessica Barnes Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org 843-342-4279
One on one mentoring sessions with children during the school day in HHI Public Elementary Schools.
The goal is a simple one: identify children at the elementary level who need to improve attitudes, self confidence or the desire to stay in school, and match them with a caring adult---a friend, coach and positive role model.
Volunteers In Medicine Clinic - VIM
15 Northridge Drive, HHI - 843.681.6612 - website
Contact: Director of Volunteers email@example.com
1. Greeters & Assistant Greeters
3. Patient Scheduler
4. Medical Records Support Team
7. Nursing Desk Secretary
8. Development Department Clerical Support
9. Fundraising or Event Planning & Management
10. Pharmacy Assistant
11. Dental Assistant
12. Dental Clerical Support
13. Medical Data Entry
14. Lab Clerical Assistant
15. Patient Medications Clerical Assistant
The description of each of these opportunities can be found on the website www.vimclinic.org/volunteers/lay-volunteers.
117 William Hilton Parkway, HHI - 843-842-6688 • www.memory-matters.org
Give a gift of your time and join in volunteering with a great organization. We need loving hands and hearts to help with our fun and active seniors in our Social Day Program M-F. We can accommodate your schedule and needs, 4 hours a day or 4 hours a month. We also have opportunities in the office, arts and crafts, special events, etc. Give us a call!
Beaufort County School District - Adult Education Volunteers Needed
Please contact Dr. Juanita Murrell, Director: 843-322-0780 - Juanita.Murrell@beaufort.k12.sc.us
We are in need of dedicated, committed, retired educators with a desire to help students improve their literacy skills.