What are you doing to be #FORHHI the Other 6 Days?
We want to hear from you! Share your videos and pics with us.
Email us at or share it on your social media and tag us @hiltonheadislandcc and use the hashtags #forhhi #servehhi
Here are some specific opportunities for you to serve our community that have been shared with us.
** Due to Covid, some opportunities may be on hold **
The Deep Well Project
80 Capital Dr - HHI - 843.785.2849
How you can help:
- Weekly Food Shoppers - One day a week, one or two volunteers pick up a list of grocery items to purchase in order for Deep Well to keep their shelves stocked. The purchase would be made on the credit card that Deep Well provides to the volunteer. Then next week on the same day of the week, another volunteer or two would go do the same thing and so on. This is a good opportunity for a Group Serve.
- Christmas Dinner delivery - the week of Christmas to take Christmas dinner to the homes of families in need.
- Livable housing volunteers that have one or multiple skill sets at making various repairs to houses of families in need or to help provide maintenance with mowing/edging/sweeping.
- Office work including answering the phones needed at the start of the new year.
- Preparing a meal for 12 to 15 people(combination of parents and children) on Wednesday nights for their free literacy program offered by the Literacy Center helping teach english to those that are considered illiterate.
The Pregnancy Center/Clinic of the Lowcountry
1 Cardinal Road Suites 1 & 2 - HHI - 843.689.2222
How you can help:
- helping out with the bulk mailings every quarter
- throw a baby shower to help stock their closet full of baby clothes
- bottle coin collection (filling up baby bottles supplied by the Center with loose change)
- volunteer to serve at some of their events
- volunteer to serve at the front desk welcoming clients into the center
Spanish Ministry at HHICC
Contact our Spanish Pastor, Jesus Barreno for more information.
- Help teach English to those who are interested in learning on Sundays afternoons 1p-3p.
- Translate the 11am service from English into Spanish LIVE for those attending to listen in Spanish (special equipment provided )
- Take food or provide transportation as needed for Hispanic Families in need.
Food Pantry hours: Tuesdays @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Donation drop off hours: Tuesdays @ 10:00 am – 11:00 am
If you would like to volunteer, feel free to drop by during our hours of operation and see what Sandalwood is all about!
843.681.4100 - There are 2 on HHI, 2 in Bluffton, and 2 in city of Beaufort
How you can help:
- After-school Tutoring/Homework Support (K-8)
- Lead a small reading/discussion group (K-8)
- Pre-school learning (1-3 year olds)
- Teaching English as a 2nd language
- Health Education/Screenings
- Soccer or other sports (coaching, refereeing, etc)
- Teaching children the game of chess.
- Organize & direct a social event(good for a group projects.
- Supplying healthy snacks for the children.
- Administrative office support.
- Cleaning and/or painting facility.
- Teaching computer skills
- Supplying gift cards to children for Christmas
- Fundraising activities
Contact Jessica Barnes 843.342.4279
One on one mentoring sessions with children during the school day in HHI Public Elementary Schools. ** Due to COVID, this may be postponed, but reach out!
The goal is a simple one: identify children at the elementary level who need to improve attitudes, self confidence or the desire to stay in school, and match them with a caring adult---a friend, coach and positive role model.
15 Northridge Drive, HHI - 843.681.6612
Contact: Director of Volunteers
The description of each of these opportunities can be found on the website vimclinic.org/volunteer
- Greeters & Assistant Greeters
- Patient Scheduler
- Medical Records Support Team
- Nursing Desk Secretary
- Development Department Clerical Support
- Fundraising or Event Planning & Management
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Clerical Support
- Medical Data Entry
- Lab Clerical Assistant
- Patient Medications Clerical Assistant
117 William Hilton Parkway, HHI - 843.842.6688
Give a gift of your time and join in volunteering with a great organization. We need loving hands and hearts to help with our fun and active seniors in our Social Day Program M-F. We can accommodate your schedule and needs, 4 hours a day or 4 hours a month. We also have opportunities in the office, arts and crafts, special events, etc. Give us a call!
BCSD Adult Education Volunteers Needed
Please contact Dr. Juanita Murrell, Director: 843.322.0780
Juanita.Murrell@beaufort.k12.sc.us. We are in need of dedicated, committed, retired educators with a desire to help students improve their literacy skills.
CLICK HERE for a list of ALL our Local Community Partners. You can contact them directly for information and other ideas of how you can serve HHI.